walk sun 30 aug 20

Photos from Sunday's wanderings in Trafford Park. Most of these are from the disused spur of line you can see in the extract of map below. It runs close to the Trafford Centre, but you can't get far after the bridge taking the road over it. The growth gets denser, and then there's a fence. There were a few people there, and a footpath runs across it at one point, so I wasn't discovering anything new.



Although this seagull looks well on the way to becoming desiccated it really stank 




This little beetle was on a metal barrier by the road.



This is where I joined the former rail line by Barton Dock Road.




You can see where the sleepers were in the photo below.




There was a similar meadow to the one below, but with much shorter grass further on, where a couple of people were sitting.




Here are some remaining sleepers.



The next couple of photos show a footpath crossing the line. On one side it joins St Modwen Road, on the other it runs alongside Lostock Park and onto Old Hall Road. I didn't take the footpath, but had a good idea where it went.






The bridge is where Park Way runs, shortly before it joins the M60.



Beyond the bridge, to the right there's a currently derelict site.




The growth this side of the bridge is much thicker and I had to fight my way through






I didn't get far before I was stopped by a fence. I possibly could have forced a way through, but didn't bother.



Going back to the bridge there was a was to climb out to the road. Though only to a section with no pavement, even if it did have a vague gesture of a cycle track. I had to negotiate my way along that, across an exit from the Trafford Centre, across the traffic coming in, then across Park Way to the central reservation. This wasn't great as the road was busy, but crossing the other half of the road to get onto some pavement was trickier, since the traffic was alternating in its release from Park Way and the Trafford Centre exit.

I negotiated all this safely, but I'm going to be taken out by a driver one of these days given my walking habits.



And finally this doll from the Bridgewater Canal on my way home.



Comments

Popular Posts