walk - resuming my circuit around the m60

Here's the very late account of my walk last Sunday, in which I rate the buildings at Salford Quays, remember a frog leaping into wild water, and end partway through a sentence.

The week before I tried to walk from home to Gatley and then cover the western half of my walk around the M60 to Simister and then head home. As it happened, due to walking to and from home, the time I set off, the huge diversion out to Carrington and Culcheth, and the fact there isn't enough daylight just yet I abandoned the walk at Roe Green and came home, still covering around 67 km.

So last Sunday I decided to try and complete the western half from Roe Green, then completing the walk round the eastern half of the circuit around the M60. But since I was again walking to and from home, set out at a similar time,  and due to daylight hours still being limited, and the onset of poor weather again had to abandon the walk. This time leaving the Peak Forest Canal at Hyde and walking home, and again covering around 67 km.

But below I have an account of the walk in both audio and text form, and an interactive map. I think it's a good un and you'll enjoy it.

I also mentioned on social media, in case you're interested, that my walks, their preparation, typing and lightly editing the accounts, reading through once, recording, uploading, and sharing across social media takes between 16-24 hours, 19 this time. It's a big commitment.

Which I mention not for sympathy or likes, but just so you have an idea of what's involved in these accounts. I mean, I'd be doing this anyway.



Comments

Popular Posts