reviews - poetry emergency ii + the shadow [dance piece]

A couple of reviews from last weekend which took a few days to write and record.

The first is from the quarter of the essential Poetry Emergency that I managed to catch. This was its second iteration after a strong first edition last year.

The performances were recorded, and I think the discussions were too, so at some point you will be able to see them for yourself. I'd recommend you do that, since seeing the performances, along with reading the poems for yourself is far more important than my witterings about them.

But even so, here are those witterings:



The second review is of The Shadow, a very impressive dance piece from Manchester group Company Chameleon, which was co-commissioned by and performed twice at HOME. Myself and a couple of friends saw the premiere and I was certainly blown away by it.

The review:

Comments

Popular Posts