podcast and tech fun

So today was kind of a heavy day. But in a way that should make you laugh. I may do a vlog on it sometime, but here's the bones of it.

Last week I was editing a bunch of upcoming episodes of the main podcast, santiago's dead waspcast, as well as the supplementary dead media shows. But I found I couldn't get my still images to appear in my iMovies videos.

Fair enough, probably a glitch. I uploaded my video of the Black Connection review anyway. 
A day or so later I looked into what was up. It seemed like this was a known issue, and there were a few solutions. Maybe I was importing media incorrectly? Nope, not that. Maybe I should be using PNGs rather than jpgs? Nope already tried both to the same effect.

Okay, maybe I should be using iMovie 10 rather than 9 since I upgraded to El Capitan? Seemed plausible. I'd held off doing this because the reviews were shit, but I didn't seem to have an option.
So I try to download the update. Nope, insufficient space. Which brings us to today when I finally have the time. Clear a bunch of files on to my external drive and clear the space. And download.
Nope. Can't remember my password. Following a hack that was uncovered earlier in the year all my passwords changed. So I reset the password, easy enough.

Now, as a result of the hack I also had to change my bank card. Meaning I had to reset those details too.

But finally I can buy iMovie 10 and get on with this editing, right? I mean this is turning into a thing now, and it isn't funny. Okay, it is funny, but at the time it wasn't. But everything's in place now.
I've got space on my Mac, I've got the money, I know my password, my bank details are up to date, this shit is on.

'Our terms and conditions have changed. Please read and agree to the new terms and conditions.' Oh fuck. No, it's fine, it won't take long, and finally I can buy the update. It goes through, it starts downloading, excellent.

Just in time for the afternoon's waspcast recording session. After that was done I took a walk, had dinner, and got down to editing.

Amazingly, no problems. And iMovie 10 (now) works better than 9 did. I get two videos edited and it's all good. 

For a time there santiago's dead media looked like it might be slowed or knocked off track, but we're over that hump.

And this coming Monday, for Patrons, an early view of santiago's dead media #2: Shakespeare. See you soon.

Comments

Popular Posts