mornings 252/366 sun 20 dec 15

I'm impressed that I managed to take and post the last two photos  (Friday and Saturday). Around lunchtime on Thursday I realised I was actually shaking, and hadn't been yawning and stretching all morning out of boredom and lack of movement after exercise first thing, but because I was ill. I stayed to do a full day, then went to bed once I got home.

I was then in bed, barely able to move and sometimes in pain, for the next 38 hours.

I actually changed my alarm for Friday to a half hour later because while I knew I couldn't the run that morning I still believed I could make my blood test appointment and get to work. And when the alarm went off I did get up and have a bath and breakfast, but realised I didn't want to go to the surgery while I might still be infectious, and that work was out of the question.

I did try getting up a couple more times, but that consisted of sleeping on the settee under my duvet, and later falling asleep wrapped in my duvet in a chair trying to watch stuff on iPlayer and YouTube.

In that whole period I managed to eat a bowl of porridge with nuts and dried fruit, two bits of bread (one with cheese, the other with marmalade), and a banana. I drank very little. As a result - and bearing in mind that weight fluctuates through the day - I dropped around two kilos.

Yesterday once I was up I stayed up, got in a long walk, and ate properly. I did go to bed early, and had a lie-in this morning, but for most of the night was still sweating and uncomfortable. Today though I feel fine. I actually feel alive and like I can do anything again.

Comments

Popular Posts