i have come down - song

Well, I was planning to do some painting this evening.

Wait, rewind. I was planning to write to a friend this evening. Normally I'd be at my swimming lesson, but with that cancelled I thought I'd start a letter I've been planning since last week.

So naturally I decided to do some painting, while listening to music on YouTube. The painting was the beginning of a new abstract comic that may or may not get finished. But basically I was just putting down a single colour on three sheets and leaving them to dry.

Then I was going to start on the letter. But I was struck by a song I was listening to and decided to email my friend about it, then get back to the letter.

But I had another idea. A song of my own pinning down some of the ideas I was trying to conjure through abstract marks on paper and card.

I started singing and writing. In not much more than 10 minutes I had a song. That done I recorded it in one take to my smartphone and uploaded straight to my Mac. What's below is that song, with no edits. I didn't even pass it through GarageBand. All I did was convert it to .wav, Bluetooth it across, and upload to SoundCloud.

Enjoy. Or don't. Let me know what you think, if you care enough to comment.

Comments

Popular Posts