nulls - nonsense improvisation

A new vocal improv.

Pretty conventional inasmuch as it features voice, a strong rhythmic impulse through most of its duration, has very few open silences until late on, and very nearly resembles music.

To ameliorate this regrettable tendency it's sung in an improvised gibberish, in the bathroom, with a loud fan in the background, on a mobile phone. Because fuck you.

It's actually kind of an exercise in finding ways to add clarity, sharpness and intention to my non-verbal utterances. As a range-finding shot it ends up closer to language and music than I'd normally go unless I was actually singing, or dropping fragments of song into a piece.

That said I kind of like it. More so than a piece called Weiys I recorded yesterday, which made use of silence, but ended up baggy and shapeless.

So yeah, Nulls:

Comments

Popular Posts