16 march clash of events

Oh ffs. Once again Knives forks and spoons manage to clash with something else happening just down the road. Last time it was their reading at Central Library which I attended which clashed with the launch of a collaborative CD by Ben Gwilliam and Helmut Lemke. This time it's their reading at The Crescent pub on Salford Crescent just two minutes walk from Islington Mill where (I believe, still no confirmation) Ryu Hankil and Stuart Calton will be performing in the latest Salford Concerts Series event, which I'd already marked in my diary.

Both events are on Tuesday 16 March. The doors open for the Salford Concerts at 8, but I wouldn't like to predict a start time. The book launch, featuring Neil Campbell, Steven Waling, Dermot Glennon, John G Hall and Alex Davies, kicks off at 7. I could try to catch the opening but I don't know what the chances are of me seeing someone I'm interested in. Which means, without meaning to insult anyone, essentially Alex or Steven - possibly Neil - and Alec Newman if he made an unadvertised reading.

I'm undecided. I'd kind of already planned to go to the Salford Concerts Series event. I haven't seen Ryu Hankil before, but on the other hand I haven't seen Neil Campbell read. Ideally I'd do both but it's simply not going to be possible.

Comments

eitherorbored said…
You lucky bastard! Living someplace where things of interest clash with other things of interest. I should just start going to that 'craft' workshop and be done with it; a knitted tea-cosy would go lovely with my soul. Either that or just give up on leaving the house all together...

the word verification for this comment is 'tea raver', which i thought was quite neat.
Matt Dalby said…
'tea raver' is pretty neat. it sounds like some kind of deviant sexual practice.

Incidentally I apologise for following this post with one advertising yet another Salford event the week before.

Popular Posts