sound poetry cd's - 2009 x 12

In which I launch an idiotically ambitious project late in the day...

I realise it's late in the month and all, I also realise there's not a huge market for this stuff, and I do have other stuff to do with mutapoem. But I have decided that I am going to attempt to release a CDR of new sound poetry every month for the whole of 2009.

This actually won't be a very different workload from the one I've been keeping since May last year so I'm confident I can keep it up as long as the neighbours don't protest and kick me into the street. I think the CDRs are likely to be around £3, and I'll try to have the first one available on Wednesday this week. The material on the first CDR is likely to be loud, feedback-heavy and minimal with a couple of reworkings via Audacity.

Watch this space for more detail.

Update: The first CDR should be available late Tuesday (27 Jan 09) and will be called tare. It will have at least 6 tracks - tear, tier, tare, tore, weight and wait. More details on how to get your CDR, and the MySpace for this project (including the no-budget label the CDRs will be released on) will follow. Be aware that as with all the stuff posted here the sound quality will be rudimentary.

Further update 21:20: Recording of the main tracks including one called hum not mentioned before is now finished. Only the reworkings weight and wait to complete now, as well as a couple of bits of admin and tare should be available tomorrow (Tuesday).

.

Comments

Popular Posts