"the woman who had no vagina"

Recently one of my friends on myspace, Carolyn, asked a bunch of people myself included to participate in a project under the title of the woman who had no vagina. The idea was to get contributions from a number of people in a range of disciplines. I produced a piece featuring a combination of text and paper or card construction.

The original message is below. If you click below you should be taken to the message on Carolyn's myspace and all the replies to it. On that page if you scroll down you'll see a copy of the text that I sent on. At present Carolyn is having problems uploading images so neither the template for constructing the piece, nor photographs of the piece constructed and in situ can be found there at present.
"
I am making a life-size rag doll and would like to invite people on this page to make female genitalia for the doll. The design is totally up to you and can be in any fabric that you want or an alternative material if you wish. Also, I would be interested in a write-up on your design that may be about what influenced your design or anything else that you would like to say.
"
31/5/8 For images of the piece in various states you'll have to follow the link to Carolyn's website. I believe other contributions are are going to be posted there.

I don't know whether you'll need to log in to see either of these pages - you probably will for the myspace one. Either way it shouldn't be too arduous a process. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Because it fits in here's a duplicate of a recent link to a piece I've posted at vispoets. It's the first of my constructions and a lot simpler than the vagina piece. I'll probably do a bit more of this sort of thing in the coming months, and I'll either post it here or let you know where it is when it's done.

Comments

Popular Posts