miscellany (guess i'm just restless)

Sad news for anyone that despises every single word that drips like toxic waste onto my blog - by the start of August I should be able to blog more often. I'm just about to replace my crash-happy PC at home with something much better, and a couple of weeks later I'm getting the phone line reconnected (it's been idle since before I moved in). Subject to the fact that I'm really busy through that period, and that reconnection will happen later than requested, don't expect any home-blogs before about August 12. I might get to blog before then from the library or somewhere.

I'm not going to wank on about the new computer till I've had it a month or so and it's started to prove itself or otherwise. And I'm certainly not going to give the corporate fuck-mongers at the phone company the oxygen of publicity. Well, not unless they piss me off so much I launch a right royal slagging. But no, give 'em a chance.

Also just occurred to me that somewhere round now (possibly a couple of weeks back) is the 2nd anniversary of my online presence, when mattdalby.tripod.com first hit the internet. With all the impact of a fly hitting the sun. Maybe I should do something celebratory. I think I'll save it till May next year though, the 2nd anniversary of santiago's dead wasp. Customarily I'll promise to keep you posted here, then forget all about - I would like you to know that I do feel guilty about it in advance though.

Almost finished my MA application, it's taken a lot longer than I thought. Just have to finish a critical piece (rather than reheating an old one), narrow down the poems I want in my portfolio to the number asked for, and check one of my referees, then it'll be ready to go. Hey, whadya know? sometimes I do keep you posted. I hope I manage to get on the course, I'm looking forward to it already, if only to prove I can get an MA, and to have people to test myself against locally. There's a little more to it than that, I do worry that I might be losing my chance to ever make an impact with my poetry, I'm really bored, and I do like being in education.

So far as the boredom goes, I'm also looking to see if I can get any voluntary work for the weekends, or some evenings in the week. I just want to push myself to the point of collapse if necessary. Purely selfish really, as I said above there's the desire to achieve something with my writing, or at least contribute something to make the world better in some small way.

Comments

Popular Posts