busy : lazy : whatever

Tomorrow I'll be having a hernia operation, so I won't be in work and won't be able to post for the rest of the week. It's an inguinal hernia on my left side, and now you know about as much as I do, or more if you work in medicine. The only reason I mention it really is because the week off may give me a little time to work on my latest project.

My latest project is a proposed performance piece based around text, and the ways in which we order the world. At the moment I'm paring down the idea to its essentials, researching and documenting the process as I go. Already I've ditched some of the extraneous elements, and started looking at the detail of how it's actually going to work. Some of this is a little premature as I haven't secured a venue or funding yet. I have started to look into what's available though.

As usual, when I have more news I'll let you know. I'm excited about this project because it's something quite new for me and it does feel like I'm moving out of my comfort zone. I realise I'm being thin on details, but I'd rather give an account of the performance after it takes place. Or if it never happens, then tell you what it would have been like.

Nothing much else to say, except that I had a mystery call yesterday afternoon. I was out walking, to get some sun and to put some notes down for the performance project. My phone was in my bag so I wasn't able to answer it when it went, and the person didn't leave a voicemail (damn that's annoying, why wouldn't you leave a message?). I tried ringing back a couple of times, but no response. In work today googled the number (a bit of a longshot), and it turns out to be for Bounds Green Health Centre in Haringey, London. When I called them up, they had no idea who it might have been - except that only District Nurses use the centre on Sunday. Now, as I don't really know anyone in London I can only assume it was a misdial.

Comments

Popular Posts