dream accident lost fire - new improv

A new vocal improvisation.

Earlier this evening I listened to a discussion between a British leftist YouTuber and a Brazilian leftist YouTuber in the wake of Jair Bolsonaro's election in Brazil, and what his far-right government might mean going forward.

Earlier this week, and last week I saw a friend and talked about a lot of things. And on Halloween went out to sit and talk in Ivy Green park after dark. We talked about death, love, art, friends, dreams and fire. Maybe not fire.

Today I went on a walk to Hazel Grove and back, and spent some time thinking about rhythm, memory, depression, friends, family, and the familiar and how to reënchant it.

Since Friday - in fact for weeks - I've been thinking about how to create something appropriate for Poetry Emergency.

Oh, and with my friend I also played them Meredith Monk's Dolmen Music, and have been listening to a lot of her work recently.

Yesterday YouTuber Contrapoints (Natalie Wynn) released a great new video on pronouns.

This evening after recording my account of today's walk and having dinner I've been listening to a lot of stuff on SoundCloud. Particularly Crank Sturgeon, jmmy kpple, and posset.

All of which jumbled in my head and saw me spontaneously turning out the lights, lighting three candles, making an arrangement on my desk with the candles and a birthday present from the friend I mentioned earlier, improvising, jotting down some words, scratching half of them out and making a new set of words, then recording and improvising around those words and the arrangement of objects and light on my desk.

As I said elsewhere I have no idea what any of it means, though I rather like it. Here anyway are the photos I took of the arrangement of objects followed by the track itself. Maybe you can make sense of it all.

Oh, I did want the sound of burning on the track, but didn't manage to get it. Shame.





Comments

Popular Posts