counting backwards - brief notes on first event

Very brief notes. Given that I was hosting this first night and managed to exhaust myself in the process I really don't have a lot of perspective on the night. I will attempt a review later, but for the moment try this assessment from Steven Waling. It's fair, although in defence of Mike I'd like to point out that the length of time he performed was the fault of the Counting Backwards organisers. Or me, since I unilaterally made the decision without really consulting Richard or Gary.

Among the other cock-ups on the night was having too small a memory card on my Zoom recorder meaning we only got Mike's set and half of Polly's. However, the THF Drenching set was recorded separately, so I'll link to that at some point.

For the time being here are some photos (rather poor - sorry) of the performers,

Mike Cannell:

Holly Pester:

Matt Wand, performing in trio with THF Drenching:

THF Drenching, during an improvisation with Mike Cannell:

Phil Marks, the rest of the trio with THF Drenching:

The rest of the photos, the audio I did manage to capture, and links to reviews etc. of last night will go up on the Counting Backwards site shortly.

Comments

Popular Posts