walk - manchester to northwich sun 16 dec 18

Today's walk is probably the last long one I can do this year. I do have time off over Christmas, but I don't know that I'll get any long walks in. Even into next year I'm not sure how much walking there'll be to begin with.

Although the days are getting longer, January and February are much colder months with a greater chance of snow, particularly as I get out towards the Peak District and the Pennines. And that snow risk can continue into March and April. That said, I will try to get as many walks in as I can.

Today I walked out to Northwich then took a trip out to the Anderton Boat Lift. My account of the walk can be found below. Among other things I talk about how a trip to A&E on Saturday didn't derail my plans for today, rant about cars and our car-centric infrastructure, and attempt to describe the byzantine and perverse arrangement of roads and pavements in Northwich.

Comments

Popular Posts