walk - manchester to burnley sun 9 dec 18

After Poetry Emergency 23-24 November (which also wiped out the Sunday for me), having to finish buying and wrapping Christmas presents the following weekend, and after heavy rain right through Saturday (plus some other jobs I had to do), I finally got round to walking to Burnley on Sunday 9 December.

This one had been on my slate for maybe a couple of months, and in fact was one originally planned for next summer. I may still do it then taking a different route: there are a number of ways I can get as far as Bury, and various options from there.

It was a beautiful day, sunny, dry, not too windy, and warm enough. I wasn't familiar with the walk beyond Ramsbottom at all and was pleasantly surprised by how attractive it was. Not just the obvious higher points on the walk like Dunnockshaw, Clowbridge Reservoir and Habergham Eaves, but also Rawtenstall and what I saw of Burnley itself.

Here's my account of the walk recorded yesterday.

Comments

Popular Posts