new posts at matt dalby journal


At 10 today, at least a week's worth of new posts will start appearing on matt dalby journal. These came about after I visited my GP on Thursday last week and was diagnosed with moderate depression and prescribed the SSRI Citalopram.

As some of the posts discuss I have a degree of hesitation about the medicine. Now, I want to emphasise that I'm quite happy with the diagnosis, and with the prescription. And although I haven't started the treatment yet, I will.

I am using the following disclaimer on all the posts there:

1. If you have any concerns about your mental or physical health, or about any medicines or course of treatment, SPEAK TO A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL IN PERSON. Not only am I unqualified to advise anyone but you should never ask for or offer medical advice over the internet.

2. For the reasons outlined above I am NOT seeking medical advice, nor should anyone use the comments facility to request or offer medical advice. If that happens your comments will most likely be deleted without warning.


An extract from today's entry (published 10am UK time):

Between early-mid April and mid June I’m pretty sure I was depressed. Wait though - I’ve missed something. From early in the year I was trying to pick up where I’d left off. But things had changed, people had changed, I’d changed. I felt fractious, friends seemed to wilfully misunderstand me, and [recreational] drugs were less effective. Then I was persistently trying to create new art - really forcing myself - but nothing much was happening.

Comments

Popular Posts