back in the uk

I got back to the UK on Saturday morning. Compared to the winter in Kunming I've found it dark and cold here.

For the first few days I stopped with my mother in Lancaster. But came to Manchester for the day on Tuesday to start looking for work and a place to live. I came again on Wednesday and stayed with friends overnight.

I have a temporary job starting next week, which might offer a full-time role after three months. Today I plan to look at some rooms.

Once I find somewhere to live, sort out an internet connection, and start to get out again santiago's will start to become more regular again.

Over the next few months I'll try to reinstate some of the images that appear to have gone missing. I'm actually very annoyed about this.

One day while I was in China what I thought were copies of images from my blog and elsewhere appeared in the gallery on my phone. As this amounted to well over a thousand images I felt I didn't want them cluttering up the memory. There was no indication why they were there. Since they were still there when my phone was offline I thought there would be no harm in deleting them. But doing so appears to have removed them from my blog. There was no indication at the point of deletion that this would affect any location other than my phone.

If anyone knows a quick way to recover them I'd be incredibly grateful. I'd also be grateful to know if there is any way I can separate this link between my images online and what's in my phone's memory. I really don't want it cluttered up with thousands of old photos.

Comments

Popular Posts