starting to move studio

I mentioned previously that I'm about to move from my current studio to a shared studio.

Andrew Taylor who is currently documenting ) TH GOOD /OLD W~AY on his tumblr blog and flickr stream (see previous links) recently wrote that he would be interested to see pictures of the move.

Since I've been recording my time in the studio it was a useful reminder of something I should have planned to do. This weekend I finally got round to packing and taking some photos of the space.

I might have forgotten except I had an idea for an installation that I needed to set up and photograph which meant clearing my desk and the space around it. The installation is a submission for an exhibition that I've just sent off. I should know whether it's successful by mid-December.

I will post images of the new studio space shortly. Here though are images from the old studio that show everything packed and ready to move. A handful at the end show everything except the small items already shifted.

Essentially the photos track clockwise around the space. The first couple of pictures show the still untitled graves piece which was the first piece made in the studio.

I'm actually thinking of selling this if I can find anyone willing to pay around £350 for a huge great whatever it is - which I think would more or less cover my time and the costs involved.




The next few show a general view and some closer views of most of the stuff I'm taking upstairs packed and ready to be moved.


The thing with the black bag over it is the large plant pot I'm using as a mould for the masks I'm making. There is one in there at the moment drying out slowly. Next to it is a big bag of air-drying clay.







The newspaper packets in the photo below and also visible in the one above are my street cutlery, wrapped as part of the installation mentioned earlier. Just in the shadow and with a cloth retaining water is some more street cutlery also wrapped in newspaper. These were in water coloured with ink while I was photographing the installation they were part of.


In the next couple of photos the work on the desk is ) TH GOOD /OLD W~AY.





The box under the desk is full of notebooks and papers ready for the move.



And some shots showing the space after most of the stuff was moved up to the new studio. It was dark by this time and I didn't bother with a white balance.


Finally why not have a shot myself and the room reflected in the window?

Comments

Popular Posts