enforced silence

After having my Mac mini checked out at the Apple store in town, having reinstalled OS X and the bundled software, and having used a whole new router it's pretty clear now that for reasons unknown the Mac mini simply can't get online anymore. That leaves me with the unwelcome and expensive option of having to buy a new Mac. Whether I do that right away or if I wait until later in the year I remain undecided about. But it is most likely that santiago's dead wasp will be updated pretty infrequently for the next few weeks at least.

I am extremely unhappy about this. I don't like having to replace a computer that apart from its inability to get online works brilliantly, and I don't like the extra impediments not having a decent connection imposes. I am very sorry that the last three months here have been marred in this way, and that I still can't post normally. Normal service will resume at some point, I'm just sorry I can't tell you when.

In the meantime for those of you in Manchester there is a new exhibtion on until late in the month at Kraak gallery off Stevenson Square. There are some really good artists featured, and if I'm able I'll try to do a write up. There will be performances, including one from me on either/or 17 April-18 April. More details when I have them. Just before that I'm performing with a couple of others at the Crescent in Salford as part of a launch event for Knives, forks and spoons press. I think that kicks off at 7. I'll be using three microcassette recorders (and possibly a loop pedal) to disarticulate the poem and collection 'north'.

More immediately, on Wednesday next week, the next Other Room reading, marking the series' second birthday takes place. As usual that's 7pm, The Old Abbey Inn on Manchester Science Park, Wednesday 7 April. The 2009/10 Anthology will be on sale, including a CD of sound poetry by me.

If I have the chance in work next week I may post a review of Acoustic Ladyland last night at Band on the Wall. They were excellent - but as mentioned previously my priority is that Kraak exhibition, and then The Other Room. I'd also like to write something on the new (second) issue of the Journal of British and Irish Innovative Poetry.

Comments

Popular Posts