salford concerts series 10 tomorrow

via Tony Trehy - news of the latest in the Salford Concerts Series - erm, tomorrow, Wednesday 24 February. They really need to promote this shit a bit better.

Håvard Volden and Toshimaru Nakamura perform at Islington Mill in Salford. It starts at 8pm and costs £5 to get in.

Håvard Volden plays table top guitar, which according to the promotional material is prepared with springs, contact mics and etceteras.

Toshimaru Nakamura plays no-input mixing desk. I have no idea what this involves, but I read something about him recently, I think in Wire and was fascinated by the idea of the no-input mixing desk. I'd been meaning to do some of my own experiments, but now I can hear the real thing.

There will also be some combos with the SCS organisers Ben Gwilliam, Lee Patterson and Matt Wand.

Comments

Popular Posts