creative writing m.a. results

Of not much interest to anyone I know, but I have my intermediate transcript of results for my final semester of the MA. This still has to be confirmed by the School Awards Board, and I'm not certain of how the overall grade is calculated.

But with those provisos I got 75% each for my sequence of poems and my commentary, and therefore 75% for the semester. My best guess is that this brings me to 73% for the whole course. This is a Pass, and I think probably a Pass with distinction, but I'll let you know when I get more information.

Needless to say I'm very pleased.

It's still relatively quiet here for two reasons - first my Mac's still only connecting intermittently, and second I'm working on another pointlessly long entry expanding on my comments about performance in the review of the last Other Room. Incidentally, if you go to The Other Room they recently posted video of Holly Pester and Steven Waling from last time, and Alan Halsey from what I think was the first reading.

Comments

Congratulations - hope it is a distinction. 70% is usually the threshold.

I've never quite understood the percentage thing though - can your tutors explain why you didn't get 72% or 74%?
Matt Dalby said…
Thanks. I don't know - they may be able to. I'm ashamed to say I may not be able to follow any explanation. Wish I'd tried harder in maths (or maybe had better teachers - who knows?).

Popular Posts