lots and lots and lots of links

First thing tonight before I review the blog awards here's a bunch of links just added. There are more to come that I just couldn't be bothered with tonight. There's a whole range of different kinds of things here so I'll take them alphabetically with a couple of exceptions.

Jeffrey Side stirred me into expanding the blogroll in this way by getting in touch and suggesting a link exchange. I'm always happy to oblige as long as I think the site's worth it. He also edits The Argotist Online which has some amazing stuff, it'll take you weeks to go through it. Mention must also go to Young design for reasons I'll explain in my next post.

Cleaves journal I've previously mentioned. Go check it out, and if you feel you can contribute get in touch with Harry Godwin. I think it's potentially a really important project.

One of the shortlisted blogs tonight was Follow the Yellow Brick Road, which lost out in the Best Arts and Culture Blog category. A good read nonetheless.

Head Heritage is of course Julian Cope's online centre of operations. Index on Censorship should have been on the blogroll already. Learn Something Every Day is not wildly dissimilar in its graphic style to my own God is a Sloth, but more regularly updated - new god stuff coming soon, honest. The Young guys pointed me towards that one.

I Thought I Told You To Wait In The Car was a joint runner up in my category, and I thought possibly the real contender against the winner which you all know by now, and which I'll mention in the next post. The other runner up in Best Writing on a Blog was Dave Hartley's Weblog. I haven't added it to the blogroll for reasons which elude me now, probably because it was a year long project now complete. But it's still there and I may add it to the list in a day or so.

Astonishingly I never added knives, forks and spoons press before, but consider it done now. It's a Facebook group. The previous Wordpress site was closed down between Richard pulling out and Alec taking over.

In fact I'll mention the winner in my category now, it was of course the fully deserving My Shitty Twenties, which also won Best Personal Blog. There is justice sometimes. Waiting in the wings for a long time to be added to my links is The Plashing Vole. Don't know why I never got round to it, maybe I'm not fond of the name. Private Eye's website has improved a lot recently from the last time I'd visited it, so it's now worth adding. I've mentioned The Shrieking Violet before, which also lost out in Best Arts and Culture Blog.

And finally, but not least, and making an impression this year with the Jeni Barnett affair, the BNP members list, and being part of the whole shitstorm around the Trafigura/Carter Ruck gagging affair, Wikileaks is an increasingly important resource.

And that's it for now. Coming up, the blog awards.

Comments

Thanks for the link. What's wrong with the name? It's an Evelyn Waugh reference - Scoop - because I'm like Henry Boot: floundering in a strange world!

Shame you didn't win. MST is very good though.

Vole
Matt Dalby said…
You're welcome. Nothing wrong with the name really, I just don't like some words.

I thought My Shitty Twenties was going to win pretty much from the off, and I was never going to be in the mix.

Matt

Popular Posts