ah...

Santiago is frankly astonished to find santiago's dead wasp shortlisted for Best Writing on a Blog in the Manchester Blog Awards 2009. The nomination certainly didn't originate here.

The shortlists in all categories are here. I suspect this is as far as santiago's dead wasp goes. Other than My Shitty Twenties I hadn't encountered any of the other blogs santiago is up against previously.

The others in the Best Writing on a Blog category are: My Shitty Twenties, Dave Hartley's Weblog - although it looks like activity is going to be shifted to another site shortly, I Thought I Told You To Wait In The Car, and Big City, Little Girl. It's a strong lineup and pretty diverse. From primarily short fiction through primarily poetry to humour, personal blogs and more generalist (that'd be me then). I really couldn't pick a winner but I wouldn't bet against either My Shitty Twenties or I Thought I Told You To Wait In The Car.

In other categories again I'm not all that familiar with the blogs. But I would like to echo Richard Barrett's championing of The Shrieking Violet.

Go have a look at the shortlist and discover some interesting new blogs. Normal service will resume shortly.

Comments

mike di tomasso said…
congrats, mate,congrats
Matt Dalby said…
Thanks Mike.

To be honest the awards normally never cross my radar. They're certainly not why I blog.

As I said, I think this is as far as santiago's dead wasp goes in the awards.

Popular Posts