isn't it smashing?

Something's obviously up with santiago, out again tonight, another poetry event. This time purely as part of the audience at the Manchester launch of Dominic Berry's debut collection, Tomorrow, I Will Go Dancing at the Central Library. It was great, even though I hadn't eaten and was quite tired. His performances are genuinely enthusiastic and uplifting. The event was well attended, well received, and included good mini-sets from Rod Tame and Jackie Hagan. It was filmed and photographed, so doubtless evidence will appear on the internet in due course.

There are events in Liverpool on 15 October at The Bluecoat from 12pm, and in London on 6 November at The Big Green Bookshop wherever that may be from 6pm. So if you're in either or both of these places then go along and spread the love. Especially in London - I've just seen their blog and it looks like a lovely place - I feel like a bit of dick for being snide about it earlier. I'll have to go visit if I'm ever in London Village again.

Anyway, go and visit all these people's sites, tell them I sent you, and if you like the poetry buy books off of them if they've got any to sell. They deserve all the support they can get.

A kind of partly-connected PS, that may get expanded into a full post later. Santiago wombled home after the reading feeling very nice, had a dinner of vegetable chilli cooked the other night, and then went out to buy milk and bread for tomorrow. On the way home, rather than walk back directly, I took a diversion that adds maybe ten minutes. Walking past a bit of undeveloped land I saw a hedgehog standing still while I walked past. I almost wanted to stop and make a clay model of it like in school, except I couldn't have got the attentive eyes, the bulk, the shape of the face. If I hadn't managed to go to the reading (and I thought I might be late), then I probably would have bought milk elsewhere earlier and wouldn't have gone out later. Even if I had gone out then I probably wouldn't have been in anything like such a good mood. Little things.

.

Comments

Popular Posts