how's my poet-ing?

I mentioned a while back that I had a bunch of poems out for submission. They've all been rejected by the three places I sent them to. Well, I say all, I only heard about one of two pieces from one magazine, so I don't know what happened to the other. This is fairly normal, so not all that disappointing. Except that for a change I was targetting magazines that seem closer in spirit to what I'm doing, and tried to send the pieces I thought were best suited. The next step now is to make more submissions, including a few sound poetry things.

In terms of performance it's been less easy. Conventional open mic nights aren't so easy to turn up at with an amp, effects pedal, and your own mic, although I have managed to arrange slots at one night. Probably I ought to target music open mic's again. They tend to be more amenable to wierdos with amps, and my work is tending toward the rhythmic (if not musical) these days.

Mutapoem has been quiet for a little while, although I've recently done a bit of work over there. It was suggested that promoting mutapoem might form part of the MA's fourth semester, and Write out Loud, a Bolton-based group promoting performance in the North West and beyond have said they may feature mutapoem on their news pages. They're kind of similar to Academi in Wales, and Apples and Snakes in London and beyond in what they do I guess. Write out Loud have also started to work jointly with Bolton University, where I'm taking my degree. Anyway - the post about mutapoem is here, in case you're interested. Do get over there and make some changes.

.

Comments

Popular Posts