more on new blog - matt dalby journal

The first journal entry proper went up over at matt dalby journal today - the entry for Saturday last week.



Saturday 20 August 2011


A warm, close day, though not much direct sun. Rode the train to Bury to
collect my work for the Text Festival from the Art Gallery.

Mentioned to Gary before I left that I feel no connection to the work any more. It was only reluctantly that I proposed the visual poem boxes in the first place. The idea felt exhausted by the end of last year.

If I do end up with an art career it’s going to be bloody peculiar to continue exhibiting work I’ve moved beyond and don’t especially care for.

Currently I'm enjoying writing the journal - it doesn't feel like an obligation. And since I'm not putting myself under pressure to write entries of any particular length or sophistication, or to write every day, I can ease off whenever it does feel like too much.

The only slight tension is how to negotiate the separation between the journal blog and santiago's. I'm beginning to find that occasional descriptions, phrases for reviews, and other odds and ends are being used both in the journal and here.

This is probably the last time I'll cross-promote the journal blog here - except perhaps before I leave for China.

Review of the Queer art show at Kraak to follow some time soon here at santiago's.

Comments

Popular Posts