making noise shortly

If you want to see me battering microcassette recorders there are two opportunities next week. On Tuesday 13 at 7pm I'm one of about three performers at the latest launch event for Knives forks and spoons press at The Crescent in Salford. I will be deconstructing my collection north through the medium of making a racket with obsolete technology.

If you miss that or just can't get enough then I will be one of a number of people performing and delivering workshops at Kraak on Saturday 17 as part of the current exhibition Lost Language. I'm probably going to develop the piece from Tuesday adding in no-input mixing board and some other sound sources - I think. Details of times and other performers when I have them.

The exhibition at Kraak is excellent, you really should head down. The gallery is open 11am-5pm daily through the week and on Saturday, and the exhibition carries on until Friday 23 - do make the effort to get down there. I believe there's a chance this may be your last opportunity to see an exhibition in this space, so even more incentive to get there.

Another future appearance in space (to plagiarise Geof Huth) that I can confirm is at Bigger than words, Wider than pictures: Noise, Affect, Politics. This is a three day conference at Salford University featuring papers and gigs. I'll be delivering a paper on the relationship between sound poetry and noise - probably concentrating mainly on Henri Chopin - on the last day, Saturday 3 July.

Comments

Popular Posts