shameless brag

I haven't written much about my MA course here, mainly because it's not all that interesting to other people. But having just seen the intermediate transcript of last semester's grade I'm feeling quite pleased.

Without going into specific numbers, and with the proviso that the grade still has to be approved by the School Board, it's a better mark than I feared and puts me on target for a pass (possibly with Distinction) if the standard of my creative work holds up for the dissertation equivalent, which I've already started work on.

This will be a collection of poems, about the length of an average new collection, and a critical commentary if I remember rightly (I'll have to check my handbook at home). I'm confident I can manage this.

In fact the curious thing about the MA is that although I just about managed to get a 2.2 for my BA and felt like I was pushing myself a lot of the time, the MA hasn't really felt like work at all. Of course I didn't start my MA until 9 years after I finished my BA, and the MA is more dependent on what you bring to it with a less rigid curriculum, but even so.

The next news you'll have on this is likely to be February next year when I'm able to tell you whether or not I actually complete the course successfully.

Comments

Popular Posts