live vocal improv fri 11 dec 20

This particular vocal improv got away from me and ended up way longer than intended. I went in with a loose plan, which inevitably changed as I went on. There are some mistakes and stumbles in here, but aside from those I'm happy with it.

Specifically I planned something that started loud and gradually got quieter and more sparse (which didn't quite happen), and to put in something about dense growth on ex-industrial sites (which did happen). Even as I was working through the improv I wasn't sure whether I'd add in a song, or what song that might be, and when I started the song I wasn't sure whether I'd finish it. I ended up not completing the song, but performing more of it than anticipated.

Mostly this is as close to what I envisioned as I could expect from an improv. It's longer than usual, but I was happy to take my time with this. Have fun with it.

Comments

Popular Posts