walk - manchester to leeds, sat 18 jan 20

Finally, because it's a lot of work, here's my account of last Saturday's walk from Manchester to Leeds in which I complain about transport infrastructure and out-of-reach residential developments again, revisit my childhood and my dislike of Tory politicians - specifically Sir Marcus Fox and Margaret Thatcher, and walk the longest distance I've covered in a day since 2016, in perfect conditions.

You can either listen below, or read the text version of my ramblings below that.

This was a tremendous walk that I enjoyed every minute of. And it led to an excellent gig at the end. Well, immediately a gig that was still setting up and soundchecking, so I took a short walk and came back later.

I'm busy this coming Saturday, but weather and energy levels permitting I have another ambitious walk planned for Sunday. Not quite as ambitious as this one, but still around 12 hours. I'll try and think of an alternative in case the planned walk isn't possible.


Comments

Popular Posts