dripping

Just like last year I've been hiding in a place of grit and dust gummed together with body fluids.

I give myself a project or two - simple things - achieve them then crash for months. Can't face humans. Barefoot, watching YouTube, drooling through work, fighting demons that seem to live in my jaw and creep up through the pavement.

Some shit like that.

Tonight I wanted to make something new. Or that I haven't done before. I was going to write a letter to a friend. A kind of illuminated manuscript letter, but I was struggling with the drawing of a squirrel.

Oh fuck off! You can't judge me.

So I was listening to drone with vocals like an uneasy haze. Reconstructed ritual. And black metal. Black metal that was the ashes the echoes the memory of black metal sinking back into silence. And experimental hiphop experimenting with sounds you love. But more forward looking, funny and engaged than any hypnagogic pop ideas you might have.

And I was thinking; monochrome.

I started with my permanent markers. But it was fucking shit. Look at this crap, it's going nowhere. Don't worry about the waste of paper, I'll paint over it.


What do you even do with that?

Obviously I thought since the pens don't work I'll try printing with wire. That was even less successful.




There are pencil lines on the paper in that last picture. There aren't any traces of prints off the wire. There should be but there aren't. So of course I gave up. Nah. No, I didn't.

I had a think about the afternoon. I went for a walk and got myself lost wandering around woodland. I was planning to sit and meditate somewhere out there, do some sketching, and start the letter. Everything was beautiful and green.

Dripping with life and flying ants. No water, no rain. It's been dry for a while mostly.

But the same paralysis. Got some exercise in I guess.

Ink.

I'd paint the wire with ink then paint the paper with the wire. It takes a lot of the control out of my hands. It provides regular mechanical patterns. And organic, irregular shapes. Messy. I did that.

Alright.




Looks okay. I'm down with the drips and splashes too. Reminds me of some 70s scifi illustrations from a book I don't have anymore. I mean the whole thing, not just the splashes.

And here we are. Maybe a couple more brushes with the wire tomorrow... later today. It's nearly 20 past 1 in the morning. Also need to rub out the pencil. That'll be fun. But otherwise it's largely there.

I'm happy.


And a couple of details. I'd say I'm sorry for the dark and wayward photos, but I'm really not. Again, fuck off.



A lot more of this to come. Later there'll be colour. I think. Unless it doesn't work, in which case there won't be colour.

Go on then.

Comments

Popular Posts