blabber - new cd-r from chocolate monk

A new CDr from me in my sound guise Tear Fet via Chocolate Monk.

Choc.333 (half devil, right?) is Blabber; a half hour vocal improvisation. Back in early-mid 2014 I propped my Zoom up in a window, put a textual score next to it, and hit record. I swear I had a plan, but I shut my eyes and the sounds took over. I experienced a lot of whatever hypnagogic hallucinations are called when they’re induced by noise and you’re not half-asleep or meditating.
The result is a collision of generations responding to the notion of mortality. With bonus fart noises.
Chocolate Monk describes Blabber as ‘one long improvisation for throat which hits all the sweet spots just right.’ Lumme. Head over to http://chocolatemonk.co.uk/available.htm and get yours for a fiver. Or have a look at the other goodies they have for sale and buy some of that – it’s all good stuff.
Blabber is the ideal companion as contrast to my Underpath, released in October 2014 also on Chocolate Monk and now sold out. That was a series of short improvisations where this is sustained over half an hour. Blabber is also voice only, where Underpath and more recent work (news on that sometime, maybe) have reintroduced soundmaking objects alongside the throat mung.
I had a listen myself the other day and found it by turns embarrassing, raw and electric. That’s a result in my book.
Buy a copy, have a listen, give me a gig, and revel in another gnarly corner of the no-audience underground.

Edit: A storming review of Blabber from Joe Murray (Posset) over at the legendary Radio Free Midwich.

Comments

Popular Posts