going to new york

It's likely to be quiet here for the next week. Tomorrow I go to New York for my autumn break.

I'm also going to check out David Berridge's Department of Micro-Poetics exhibition at the AC Institute. The exhibition is related to Writing/Exhibition/Publication also curated by David Berridge at The Pigeon Wing Gallery in London.

On Thursday 14 October I will create a durational sound work in response to the space and exhibits using only voice and objects.

There are a lot of firsts for me here. It will be my first flight, my first time outside the UK, it's the first time my work has exhibited outside the UK, and obviously it's my first international performance.

After being quite neutral about it for a long time I'm beginning to get excited about the whole adventure. I intend to return with audio and photographs.

It promises to be one of the highlights of what's been an extraordinary, unpredicted and packed year of change for me.

Comments

Popular Posts