I'm so sorry... no wait, I'm not

Man, it's been a while - too long - since I posted anything. Fill in the the usual excuses and blah here [ , ( : ) . ! ... ]. Thing is it has been a kind of eventful time and I'm getting overwhelmed thinking about all the shit I want to say. So, what I'll do is break it down, start with what's nagging at me most and work out from there over the next few weeks.

The first thing is I've been working mainly on scripts lately. I'm currently racing through a piece called 16 tears, which it's intended Helen will direct at some point. The reason I mention it is I'm really pleased with the way the script's going. It has what I think is some of my best writing, in fact I'm pretty sure you could take some of the scenes, stick a beat under them, and perform them as a blues holler. That said, and despite the fact that it's almost writing itself, I do keep feeling the need to disrupt expectations. I worry that if the writing goes on autopilot, or it becomes just a love story, the whole thing will degenerate in REM-ish MOR coziness... AND I ABSOLUTELY FUCKING ABHOR REM-ISH MOR COZINESS *pant*.

At the moment you're just going to have to take my word for it, that it's really great, but I will post extracts as soon as I can.

Sorry it's just a short one this time... more soon I promise. Peace off.

Comments

Anonymous said…
one imagines it will be the usualy Dalby anally fixated cock snot. give up. go back to dying in corners, wrapped in shit & blisters. fuck me, shouldn't self-styled pretentious no-hope lanky self-cutting no-pokes like you have been wiped out when Lush failed to get a record deal? Endless Love, with a Mr. Scruff set to DJ at your poorly attended wake, The World
Matt Dalby said…
Mom, is that you? It must be, what with that reference to Lush (ask your Gran, kids). Far as I remember not a single reference to anyone's ass, and just one to shit. Otherwise business as usual, so back to your plague-pit, I'll wake you when it's done.

Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed Hunter S Thompson died. Keep up at the back.

Peace and love

Popular Posts