it's oh so quiet

You may have noticed I haven't posted in a while; I haven't even messed with the template since last week. The reason for this is that I'm reaching the end of my current temp job, so I'm concentrating on applying for jobs.

Or rather that was the theory. First up I realised that I really want to write, that this is all I've ever wanted to do, and that if that's the case then I have to do something about it. So I decided that over my last four weeks in this job I'd use the email (strictly out of hours of course) to send a bunch of papers and magazines (4, to be precise) two pieces of work each weekday. At the end of the first week I've managed to exceed that, and 6 of those pieces were written this week.

There's still no response, but it's early days yet. And if there's no movement by the end of next week, then those pieces I sent this week will be posted to the blog. I don't want the blog to just recycle things though, so I'll try and write some stuff specifically. But for the time being my focus has to be on promotion.

Second, my job here will now continue for another 4 weeks after it was due to end. Now one of those weeks, from Tuesday 7 September to Sunday 12, I won't be doing any promotion or posting, as I'll be recuperating from a hernia operation. Although with a little luck I'll be able to promote, and post to the blog on Monday 6th. This extension of my job is good because I don't have to worry about changing jobs in the fortnight around my operation. It also then gives me an additional 3 weeks when I get back to inundate the publishers again.

Finally, I'm also about to start targetting publishers for my poetry, so again it may mean posts are a little less frequent.

I haven't forgotten you though, and I do have the long-term future of the blog very much to heart. And of course, as and when I have any news about writing jobs or publication, I'll let you know.

Comments

Popular Posts